Last revised: February 11, 2013
2. Questions; Contacting Company; Reporting Violations.
3. User Consent.
4. A Note About Children.
This Site is not intended for children under 13. We do not intentionally gather personal data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal data to Company and we learn that the personal data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Gathering, Use and Disclosure of Non-Personally-Identifying Information.
We collect both Non-Personally-Identifying Information and Personally-Identifying Information from you. “Non–Personally–Identifying Information” is information that, without the aid of additional information, cannot be directly associated with a specific person or entity. “Personally–Identifying Information,” by contrast, is information such as a name, gender, location, biography, email address that can be directly associated with a specific person or entity, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
- A.Gathering Non-Personally-Identifying Information.
- i.Web Browsers. Like most site operators, we gather Non-Personally-Identifying Information from you of the sort that web browsers, depending on their settings, may make available. That information includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system and browser type, and the locations of the web pages you view right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving this Site.
- ii.Web Cookies. A “Web Cookie” is a string of information that a site stores on your computer, and your browser provides to this Site, each time you submit a query to this Site. We may use Web Cookies to track the pages that you visit during each Site session, both to help us improve your experience and to help us understand how this Site is being used.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO HAVE WEB COOKIES PLACED ON YOUR COMPUTER, YOU SHOULD SET YOUR BROWSER TO REFUSE WEB COOKIES BEFORE ACCESSING THIS SITE, WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT CERTAIN FEATURES OF THIS SITE MAY NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY WITHOUT THE AID OF WEB COOKIES. IF YOU REFUSE WEB COOKIES, YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RESULTING LOSS OF FUNCTIONALITY.
- iii.Web Beacons. A “Web Beacon” is an object that is embedded in a web page. It is usually invisible to you but allows site operators to check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email communication. We may place Web Beacons on pages of this Site and in emails we send to you.
You may not decline Web Beacons. However, they may be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
- B.Use of Non-Personally-Identifying Information. We analyze Non–Personally–Identifying Information gathered from users of this Site to help us better understand how this Site is being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, we are able to better design this Site to improve your experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. We link information gathered using Non-Personally-Identifying Information to Personally-Identifying Information.
- C.Disclosure of Non-Personally-Identifying Information. From time to time, we may also release the Non–Personally–Identifying Information gathered from Site users in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of this Site.
6. Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personally–Identifying Information.
As defined above, Personally-Identifying Information is information that can be directly associated with a specific person or entity. We will only collect Personally-Identifying Information that you knowingly submit to us. We will not disclose your Personally-Identifying Information to third parties unless we obtain your permission to do so at the time we collect it, except as set forth below:
- A.Collecting Personally-Identifying Information from Site Users.
- i.Registration and Other Information Provided to Us. When you register with this Site, you may be asked to disclose Personally–Identifying Information. You may also choose to submit Personally-Identifying Information to us when you send us an email or use any interactive features and services that we may make available from time to time on this Site. The information that we may ask you to provide includes name, gender, location, email address, biographical information and the movies and television shows that you like to watch. When you create your Profile, you will be asked if you want your Profile to be public or private. If you state that you want your Profile to be private, or if you do not specify whether you want your Profile to be public or private, your Profile will not be available for public viewing.
- ii.Public Content. Your photos, posts, friends, and other content you post to the Site (and your Profile if you designate it as public, including your first name and last initial but excluding any other account registration information) are meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Site and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
- iii.Facebook and other Social Networking Sites. If you are logged into Facebook or another Social Networking Site (“SNS”) that we support, and you access but are not logged into the Site, we may receive information from Facebook or the SNS to make it easier for you to create an account on the Site and to show our relevant content from your Facebook or SNS friends. This information personalizes your experience and helps you create an Account. You can also connect your Account to your accounts on Facebook or other SNSs, in which case we may collect and store information identifying your account with the third party service. We use this information to help you connect and share public content with your friends and followers.
- iv.Material You Choose to Reveal in On-line Fora, Blogs, Message Boards, Chat Rooms or Similar Locations. You may post Personally-Identifying Information on areas of this Site that may be viewed by other users or the public, although we recommend that you do not do so. Please note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, including persons who may be acting under false pretenses. Please choose carefully the information you post on this Site and that you give to other Site users. You are discouraged from publicly posting your full name, telephone numbers, street addresses or other information that identifies you or allows strangers to find you or steal your identity. Despite this prohibition, other people’s information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled.
YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH DEALING WITH OTHER USERS WITH WHOM YOU COME IN CONTACT THROUGH THIS SITE. WE EXPECT THAT YOU WILL USE CAUTION AND COMMON SENSE WHEN USING THIS SITE.
- B.Use of Personally-Identifying Information. We may use the Personally-Identifiable Information that you submit for any purposes related to our business.
- C.Disclosure of Personally-Identifying Information to third parties. As described in Section 4(A) (“Collecting Personally–Identifying Information from Site Users”), users may, at their option, disclose their own Personally-Identifying Information by any means they choose. We will disclose Personally-Identifying Information in the following circumstances:
- i.DMCA Infringement Notifications, Counter Notices, Notices of Violations of Site Terms of Service and Other Communications Directed to Us. By submitting a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Infringement Notification, Counter Notice or other communication (including communications about content stored on or transmitted through this Site), you consent to have this communication forwarded to the person or entity who stored or transmitted the content addressed by your communications in order to facilitate a prompt resolution. For notices other than DMCA Infringement Notifications and Counter Notices, upon request, we will edit out your name and contact information. However, DMCA Infringement Notifications will be forwarded as submitted to us without any deletions.
- v.By Law, to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies. We disclose Personally-Identifying Information if: (1) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (2) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (3) we believe that you have abused the service by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws.
- vii.Marketing Communications. We may email you about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us, please follow the instructions at the bottom of each email for opting out.
7. Collection and Use of Information by Third Parties.
8. Your Choices Regarding Your Personally Identifying Information.
- A.Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your Personally Identifying Information.
- i.We will periodically send you free newsletters and emails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email you receive or by contacting us directly.
- iii.You may also mange the sharing of certain Personally Identifiable Information with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account or mobile device.
- B.Changes to Your Profile. When we provide you the opportunity to create your Profile, we also allow you to modify the Profile. You can modify your Profile within the application by following the prompts in your user Profile.